Keep adult with a glitzy awards universe with a weekly Awards Roundup column.
– Jeffrey Katzenberg, Chairman of DreamWorks New Media, will receive the Lifetime Achievement Award during the 54th Annual International Cinematographers Guild (ICG, IATSE Local 600) Publicists Awards Luncheon to be hold during a Beverly Hilton Hotel on February 24, 2017.
In creation a announcement, Henri Bollinger, authority of a Publicists Luncheon Awards Committee, commented, “From a opening of his career, Jeffrey has demonstrated an ability to incorporate a hint of party into a far-reaching spectrum of projects. This has led to an rare lane record that continues to rise with any flitting year.”
ICG inhabitant boss Steven Poster ASC added, ”Jeffrey Katzenberg is one of a giants of a industry, a male who has brought us some of a biggest films of a generation, be they live movement or animation.”
”I am anxious and respected by this recognition,” Katzenberg said of a honor. “It’s smashing to be concerned in an eventuality that appreciates that a graduation for a film is often as creative, entertaining and engaging as a film itself. Publicists are a unsung heroes of a business, and Ive gotten to work with so many good ones, which makes this award that many more meaningful to me.”
– The 74th Annual Golden Globes have announced their initial turn of presenters, including: Drew Barrymore (Golden Globe Award leader and three-time endowment nominee), Steve Carell (Golden Globe Award leader and eight-time endowment nominee), Priyanka Chopra, Matt Damon (two-time Golden Globe Award leader and seven-time endowment nominee), Viola Davis (five-time Golden Globe Award nominee), Laura Dern (three-time Golden Globe Award leader and five-time endowment nominee), Goldie Hawn (Golden Globe Award leader and nine-time endowment nominee), Anna Kendrick (Golden Globe Award nominee), Nicole Kidman (three-time Golden Globe Award leader and eleven-time endowment nominee) and Brie Larson (Golden Globe Award leader and endowment nominee).
And that’s not all! Diego Luna, Sienna Miller (Golden Globe Award nominee), Mandy Moore (Golden Globe Award nominee), Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Timothy Olyphant, Chris Pine, Eddie Redmayne (Golden Globe Award leader and two-time endowment nominee), Zoe Saldana, Amy Schumer (Golden Globe Award nominee), Sylvester Stallone (Golden Globe Award leader and three-time endowment nominee), Justin Theroux, Milo Ventimiglia, Sofia Vergara (four-time Golden Globe Award nominee) and Reese Witherspoon (Golden Globe Award leader and four-time endowment nominee) will also present.
Jimmy Fallon will host the ceremony, airing on Sunday, Jan 8, 2017 a Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills.
– The San Francisco Film Society has announced that Theodore Melfi’s “Hidden Figures” is a 2016 target of a Sloan Science in Cinema Prize, celebrating a depiction of scholarship in a account underline film. Presented in partnership between a Film Society and a Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, this annual endowment carries a $25,000 money esteem and shines a light on special feat in digest a worlds of scholarship and scientists by a denunciation of film with a screening eventuality and onstage review with a film’s creators.
The Film Society and a Sloan Foundation presented a endowment on Saturday, Dec 17 during a Castro Theatre, during an eventuality exclusively for Film Society members and invited guest from a Bay Area science, record and preparation communities. Following a screening of a film, executive Theodore Melfi, star Octavia Spencer, and Tracy Drain, Systems Engineer during NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, participated in an in-depth contention of a scholarship behind a story and a tour to a large screen.
“When we creatively recognised of this prize, it was to pull courtesy to a inspirational peculiarity of artistic depictions of scholarship on screen, and no film this year has finished that improved than ‘Hidden Figures,’” pronounced SF Film Society Executive Director Noah Cowan. “This film tells an critical genuine story behind a landmark tellurian achievement, and brings acquire courtesy to a organisation of underappreciated geniuses that done it happen. It does so with implausible heart, anchored by extraordinary performances from this conspicuous cast.”
The Sloan Science in Cinema Prize is presented annually in a tumble to a finished film expelled in that year. Focusing on thespian and interesting films that irradiate a aptitude of scholarship and record to a daily lives or plea existent stereotypes about scientists, engineers or mathematicians, a Film Society and Sloan Foundation find to spotlight an critical new film and yield a height to applaud scholarship during a end-of-year awards season.
This annual esteem is a partial of a Film Society’s Sloan Science in Cinema initiative, that is designed to rise and benefaction new underline films and episodic calm that execute fully-drawn scientist and technologist characters; douse audiences in a hurdles and rewards of systematic discovery; and whet open recognition of a intersection of science, record and a daily lives.
– The 7th Annual Queens World Film Festival (QWFF) earnings to a Museum of a Moving Image and other venues with over 130 of a world’s newest, many compelling, challenging, shocking, graceful, copious indie films from 25 nations, holding place March 14 – 19, 2017.
On opening night (March 14) during a Museum of a Moving Image Festival Directors Katha Cato and Don Cato will benefaction Queens, NY native, Filmmaker Julie Dash with a 2017 Spirit of Queens Award. Dash’s masterpiece “Daughters of a Dust,” a initial American underline by an African American lady to accept a ubiquitous melodramatic recover was named to a National Film Registry by a Library of Congress in 2004.
Later in a festival, QWFF will also shade Ms. Dash’s conspicuous brief film “Illusions” that takes place in Hollywood during WWII and tells a story of a womanlike studio executive flitting for white.
– Award-winning producer, author and director J.J. Abrams has been comparison by a Board of Directors of American Cinema Editors (ACE) to be respected with a organization’s prestigious ACE Golden Eddie Filmmaker of a Year Award. The endowment will be presented during a 67th annual ACE Eddie Awards on Friday, Jan 27, 2017 in a International Ballroom of a Beverly Hilton Hotel.
“J.J. Abrams is a once-in-a-generation artist who has been creation his symbol in cinema and radio for over twenty years,” settled a ACE Board of Directors. “Through his prolongation company, Bad Robot, J.J. has intent and gay audiences around a universe with his innovative code of storytelling. Whether he’s reinventing a dear authorization or formulating something entirely new and groundbreaking — be it ‘Star Trek,’ ‘Star Wars,’ ‘Westworld,’ ‘Lost,’ ‘Alias’ and many others — his name is synonymous with zero less than fantastic entertainment. He is one of a many sparkling voices operative in a industry, and we’re anxious to applaud his physique of work so far.”
Abrams joins a renowned organisation of past ACE Golden Eddie honorees including Frank Marshall, Steven Spielberg, Quentin Tarantino, Norman Jewison, Alexander Payne, James Cameron, Nancy Meyers, Clint Eastwood, George Lucas, Francis Ford Coppola, Kathleen Kennedy, Christopher Nolan, Martin Scorsese, Saul Zaentz, Paul Greengrass and Stanley Donen, among others.
– The American Short Film Awards, a organisation of eccentric festival programmers who via a year work during several film festivals, have announced their 2016 winners. You can find out some-more here. The full list is below.
Best Short Film: “Twinsburg”
Best Drama: “The Mother”
Best Comedy: “How to Survive a Breakup”
Best Horror: “Vicious”
Best Animation: “Schiroka”
Best Documentary: “A System of Justice”
Best Experimental: “Enter a Cowboy”
Best Ultra short: “A Dog Named Rex”
Do you have an unusual story to tell? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org