‘Rapunzel syndrome’ teen dies from eating her possess hair

A 16-year-old tyro in a UK died unexpected while divided during college due to an infection caused by a hairball in her stomach.


Jasmine Beever, of Skegness, was taken in an ambulance Sept. 7 to a hospital, where staff attempted life-saving resuscitation, LicolnshireLive.com reported.

An autopsy after suggested that Beever had suffered from peritonitis, that occurs when a skinny surface that covers a abdominal wall is inflamed, that is typically due to a fungal or bacterial infection. Beever’s box was caused by a putrescent hairball in her stomach and eventually led to a detonate ulcer that caused her viscera to close down.

Patients who swallow their possess hair are mostly diagnosed with Rapunzel syndrome, that is caused by a psychiatric commotion called trichophagia, according to a US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health.

“Jasmine was amazing,” Donna Marshall, a friend’s mother, told LicolnshireLive.com. “She was one of those kids where she would make a unhappy face in a room smile. She was so bubbly.”

Marshall called a teen’s genocide a shock. Marshall’s daughter, a longtime crony of a teen, set adult a Just Giving page for donations to assistance a family cover medical expenses.

“We are intensely dissapoint though we wish to appreciate everybody for all they have finished for a family,” Beever’s relatives said, according to LicolnshireLive.com.


Do you have an unusual story to tell? E-mail stories@tutuz.com