The 81st Masters doesn’t miss storylines as we ready for a final 18 holes. Can Jordan Spieth squeeze a second immature jacket? Will Sergio or Rickie Fowler finally get their vital title? Can someone go low and locate a final groups? Here are a 8 many sparkling ways this Masters could end.
8. Justin Rose wins his initial immature coupler and second vital title. When Rose won a 2013 U.S. Open during Merion, it was a perfection of a career in a spotlight, commencement with his dermatitis T4 finish as a 17-year-old pledge during a 1998 British Open. Merion of march was no portion — Rose has always had a demeanour of a multi-major winner. With 17 titles between a European and PGA tours and dual majors, he’d be a practical tighten for a Hall of Fame. His bullion award doesn’t harm his chances, either.
7. Adam Scott rallies from 3 behind to explain his second career Masters. Like Rose, Scott is too gifted to finish his career with one vital title. Like Fowler, he’d be a renouned winner. With a continue splendid and calm, a three-shot convene would also need a turn in a mid-60s, and low rounds have a humorous approach of producing Augusta’s signature gallery roars.
6. Rickie Fowler wins a Masters for his initial vital title. Do orange and immature go together? It competence be a initial time in story that tone combo appears during Augusta, though a win for a renouned 28-year-old would be a strike with his multitude of fans and a bonus for Cobra-Puma’s confidant line of threads.
5. After starting a day 5 shots behind, Lee Westwood storms behind to startle a universe and win his initial major. The 43-year-old has been unhappy during majors his whole career, though his Masters lane record is argent (five tip 10s given 2010). If it’s ever gonna occur for Lee, an extraordinary convene competence be his best shot. This would be one for a books.
4. Sergio Garcia wins a Masters, scrubbing his name off a list of best players but a major. At 37, Garcia has already supposing a career’s value of memorable moments, from lashing a shot around a tree during Medinah in ’99 to Ryder Cup glory. A feat for a burning Spaniard on a late Seve Ballesteros’s 60th birthday would be a ideal book for a (made-for-TV) movie. Sergio’s champion’s press discussion would be epic.
3. Jordan Spieth rallies from a two-shot final-round necessity to win his second immature jacket. In a process, Spieth would be a initial to win a vital while creation a quadruple spook given during slightest 1983, when hole-by-hole stats were initial archived. Spieth would also concrete his standing as golf’s many volatile actor and, during 23, one of a mentally toughest golfers of all time.
2. After starting a day 6 shots back, Rory McIlroy fires a third 63 in Masters story and wins a immature jacket. On a day as ease as this one, McIlroy would need a historically low turn to tighten a far-reaching necessity and finish a career Grand Slam. Sounds like a fun, don’t we think?
1. Fred. After starting a day 7 shots back, 57-year-old Fred Couples fires a many fantastic final-round in major-championship history, a 10-under 62, to win a Masters by one and turn a initial fiftysomething vital champion. OK, fine. It ain’t happening. But what a story…
Do you have an unusual story to tell? E-mail email@example.com