The Detroit Lions and New York Giants couldn’t have had some-more conflicting Week 1s. The Lions’ flitting offense looked bomb in a win over a Arizona Cardinals. The Giants’ offense as a whole looked unhandy in a unsatisfactory detriment to a Dallas Cowboys.
Tonight, a Lions are perplexing to infer that opening was no fluke. The Giants, meanwhile, wouldn’t mind only scoring a touchdown en track to gaining their initial win of a season.
Here’s what we’re examination for when a dual teams block off during 8:30 p.m. ET on Monday Night Football.
1. Can Odell Beckham Jr. revitalise a Giants’ offense? With a star wideout sitting out since of an ankle damage final week, a Giants couldn’t pierce a round during all on a Cowboys’ defense that yielded 231 yards and 4 touchdowns to a Broncos quarterback Trevor Siemian on Sunday evening. Quarterback Eli Manning threw for only 220 yards, no touchdowns and one interception in a season-opening detriment to a ‘Boys, and New York’s heading wideout finished adult being Roger Lewis, who gained only 54 yards on 4 catches. The Giants have to trust a detriment of Beckham was a reason for a ineptitude. Beckham will play Monday. If he can’t be a force, or during slightest a actor who defenses’ need to lean courtesy toward, a Giants could be staring down an 0-2 start.
2. If Beckham can play effectively, a Giants still need improved play out of their descent line. Tackles Ereck Flowers and Bobby Hart struggled opposite Cowboys pass rushers, and a section as a whole unsuccessful to make using lanes for Giants tailbacks. New York ran for only 2.9 yards per lift and gave adult 3 sacks in a flitting game. The Lions’ front 7 isn’t most some-more or reduction extreme than a Cowboys’, so tonight’s diversion should be a good indicator to Big Blue if bad O-line play is going to be a season-long trend.
3. Matthew Stafford was shining in a Lions’ season-opener, though during some point, a Lions wouldn’t mind giving him assistance in a form of a efficient using game. Detroit wants Ameer Abdullah to be a underline back, giving him 15 carries to Dwayne Washington’s 6 opposite a Cardinals. Yet Abdullah logged only 30 yards with those touches. Stafford has finished a good pursuit maneuvering a Lions to wins notwithstanding a miss of a using game. Seeing if Detroit can find one — either that’s with Abdullah, Washington or Theo Riddick removing a carries — will be engaging to watch, quite opposite a Giants invulnerability with one of a tip run defenders in a joining in defensive lineman Damon Harrison.
4. The Giants will be looking to find their bellcow as well. Paul Perkins drew a lot of offseason chatter, though that’s fizzled after an normal preseason and a season-opener in that he logged only 16 yards on 7 carries. Backup Orleans Darkwa fared a small improved opposite a Cowboys, recording 14 yards on 3 touches. Though New York is positively going to be looking for some-more tonight.
5. It didn’t take prolonged for Kenny Golladay to have his dermatitis game. The Lions rookie wideout scored dual touchdowns and total 69 yards on 4 catches final week. Golden Tate has forged out a niche as Stafford’s No. 1 target, though a No. 2 mark looks to be adult for grabs. Neither Marvin Jones nor T.J. Jones, who total to locate 4 balls for 69 yards and a touchdown final week, provides a big-play ability that a 6-foot-4, 213-pound Golladay does. Can he repeat a opening opposite a Giants delegate with some-more weapons than a Cardinals’?
Do you have an unusual story to tell? E-mail email@example.com